<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 116 - Aligning Teams with Data & Finding Your Second Product/Market Fit (with Matt Arbesfeld, CEO & Co-Founder @ LogRocket)
Episode 116: Aligning Teams with Data & Finding Your Second Product/Market FitMatt Arbesfeld, CEO & Co-Founder @ LogRocket
20 Mar 2022
20 Mar 2022
About the Episode
An interview with Matt Arbesfeld. Matt is a Thiel Fellow and founder of LogRocket, a platfom that helps you understand problems affecting your users, so that you can get back to building great software & great products. Matt is passionate about using data to drive product decisions & helping to align all of the parts of the product trio around what's important for the product.
We talk about a lot, including:
- The mission behind LogRocket, how they started out building a tool for developers before realising that product managers were coming and using it too
- How he went from a tech internships into company foundership, how this wasn't his first rodeo and how he's known his cofounder since he was 1 month old
- Whether they had trouble taking a developer-focused tool, abstracting just the right level of data for non-developer users, and why good UX isn't just for B2C apps
- How they validated the need for the product management use case and whether they tried to build everything with the same team or split everything by value stream
- The importance of being able to have data to monitor your product feature launches and the types of decisions you can quickly make if you have that data available
- How having one source of truth on your product can help to align all parts of the product trio and allow you to make good product decisions
- The story behind Thiel Fellowships and whether they help or hinder the tendency for tech firms to hire out of the same exclusive circles
And much more!
Check out LogRocket
If you like the sound of LogRocket and want to check it out, try the LogRocket website?
You can reach out to Matt on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Related episodes you should like:
- How to Move Fast Without Breaking Things (Dani Grant, Co-founder & CEO @ Jam)
- Using Tech to Change Culture and Un-f**king the Design Industry (Mackenzie Daisley, CEO & Founder at Brieft)
- Valentine's Special! A Love Letter to Problems, not Solutions (Uri Levine, Founder @ Waze & Author "Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution")
- From Product Leadership to CEO and Saving the World from Stupid Smart Stuff (Yana Welinder, CEO & Co-Founder @ Kraftful)
- Moving Beyond Founder-Led Product Development & Setting PMs up for Success (Jennifer Yang-Wong, VP of Product @ Contrary)
- Helping Superhero Startup Founders Stay Away from their Kryptonite (Richard Blundell, Founder @ Vencha & Co-author "The Go To Market Handbook for B2B SaaS Leaders")
- Building Great Companies through Community-Led Growth (Lloyed Lobo, Author "From Grassroots to Greatness")
- Driving Organisational Alignment with Survival Metrics (Adam Thomas, Product Coach)
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product