<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 88 - Maintaining a Collaborative & Inclusive Product Culture at Scale (with Anna Curzon, CPO @ Xero)
Diversity & Inclusion
Women in Product
Episode 88: Maintaining a Collaborative & Inclusive Product Culture at ScaleAnna Curzon, CPO @ Xero
22 Oct 2021
About the Episode
An interview with Anna Curzon. Anna is the Chief Product Officer at Xero, with long experience in business strategy & digital transformation. She's also a member of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Advisory Council, appointed by New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern. Anna is passionate about creating a good working culture, and driving for diverse teams and working practices to support that goal.
We speak about a lot, including:
- The origin story of Xero, how it came from the founder having a problem he couldn't solve, and how he started a company to solve it
- How they had to fire themselves as Xero users as they scaled out of their own target market, and how they stay in touch with customers
- How she moved from her career in banking into disruptive tech and how she was always "the freak in the phone book"
- The parallels between her original passion for anthropology & understanding humans has translated into her day-to-day work
- How she developed a passion for product management & how she approached her move into a CPO job without any direct product management experience
- Whether she had any pushback when taking over a team of product managers, and the approaches she's taken to be seen as just one of the team
- The importance of diversity on the teams and why people should be able to bring their true selves to work
- How they've managed to keep the Xero culture going and nurture it through massive scaling and acquisitions
And much more!
You can contact Anna on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Related episodes you should like:
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product